Friday, October 23, 2009

Brainstorm


Now that I have joined NaNoWriMo I have been brainstorming about what I should write. So far I find that I am faced with the same familiar problems as usual. Do I really feel passionate enough about any subject to stick with writing a story let alone a novel? Many of the themes that intrigued me when I was actually writing way back in the day seem very trivial now.
Will I really be able to write 50,000 words? Isn't worrying about it now really just setting myself up to fail?

Some of the stories I find intriguing these days are really other people's stories. Is it really fair of me to steal their stories like some thief in the night? Is that what real writers do? I really need to shed any obstacles that can hold me back and just jump with abandon into the project.

I have, including today, 9 days to decide what direction I will take. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment