Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 1 NanoWriMo




Yesterday was day 1 for NaNoWriMo. I logged 1,188 words for the day. I fell short of the daily 1,667 word count but I'm still pretty proud of my progress. I did not start writing at midnight as I read that many WriMo's do. Sunday was daylight savings time and we gained an hour. There was no way that I was going to squander my extra hour of sleep!

All last week I spent time before falling asleep trying to figure out what I would write about. Often wondering if I would sit in front of the computer on November 1 with nothing to say. Should I go with Vampire story? Werewolf? Realistic? Futuristic? Post Apocalyptic? All of the above?

It's too early to tell, but so far I just started writing what I felt Sunday morning. Low and behold some characters and a situation started to unfold. A lot of it is probably a load of malarkey, but hey it's a first draft. So far it is a lot of fun and it makes me wonder why it has taken me over ten years to start writing something. I guess it is just because I have a goal of finishing by November 30th. After college, I didn't really have any concrete direction so I just let writing take a back seat to real life. Before I noticed a decade had passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment