Thursday, January 14, 2010

Long Overdue

This past Tuesday I decided to go to the mall! The mall is not really a place you would find me very often, and not surprisingly my wardrobe unfortunately reflects this. Some time, a few years ago, when I really started gaining a lot of weight I stopped going shopping for myself. It was too depressing to try on clothes that were a size I previously fit into and find that they were too small. Even more depressing was that the size I previously fit into was a much larger size than I really wanted to be in the first place. Not to mention, that most of the styles I like look a lot better on a size 6.

My husband says that no matter what size you are you should buy clothes that fit and that you feel good in. That way, you feel good about yourself and can be more confident. I think he is completely right. By the way he always looks nice and stylish!

So, I went to the mall armed with my Christmas money and made a few purchases. Two sweaters and a pair of slacks from J.Jill and two pairs of shoes from 9 West. Recently I've lost a little bit of weight and though I am far from my goal, I found that the shopping wasn't too terribly discouraging.

Now, in an effort to make sure I don't just wear these items to death I have made a promise to myself that every time I get paid I will purchase one outfit or piece of an outfit and at the same time donate something old to good will. I already have a bag full of items that I need to drop off so I added two pairs of shoes I never wear to the bag. This weekend I will drop everything off and consider it my first success.

No comments:

Post a Comment