Thursday, January 7, 2010

Things Come Together

I am planning a trip to New York at the end of February. What started out as a trip to visit a friend for the weekend has blossomed into a week-long trip during which I can work in the New York office during the day and visit with friends during the evening.

At first I thought a week would be long enough, but soon I began to realize that there are actually a lot more people that I want to visit than I originally thought. Luckily I have a wedding to go to at the end of May so I hope to see a few more people when I travel up for that. Then there are two weddings during the same weekend in August--though I doubt there will be time for any extracurricular visiting then.

In my frenzy to see as many people as I can during this trip I have made plans to stay with a different person each night of the visit from Monday-Thursday. I will go from Jackson Heights to Astoria to the Bronx then back to Astoria then out to Long Island. Each time I will be working in Manhattan between each visit. The problem is I really don't want to be lugging my luggage (no pun intended) from Jackson Heights to Manhattan to Astoria to Manhattan to the Bronx to Manhattan and back to Astoria then out to Long Island. I woke up several times last night thinking about how to get my clothes from place to place without bringing my large suitcase with me all over the place.

A possible solution presented itself this morning which made me very excited. It turns out that my colleague, Bob, might be traveling to the NY office that same week! The best part is that he gets to use the company apartment which is just blocks away from the office! He and I were talking about it this morning and agreed that I could leave my larger suitcase at the company apartment and then just carry my essentials in a smaller overnight bag each night. How awesome is that? I really hope he is traveling to the NY office the same week I am! If not, I suppose I can do the same sort of thing and leave my larger suitcase at the office under the desk or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment