Saturday, April 3, 2010

Big Daddy Love

This past Thursday, Craig and I went to the Six String Café in Cary to see Big Daddy Love play. I have to tell you, I think that maybe I was destined to live in the south because I really like country/bluegrass music. I especially like banjo playing!

The reason I even know about this band is because one of the band members (ironically, the electric banjo player) is a relative of one of my friends here at the AKC. We had a great time and it was nice to go to a venue with a group of people we actually knew as opposed to some of the bands we saw in NY where the audience around us were strangers. I only wished that my cousin Chris could have been there with us because I think he would have really liked the band.

Although every one of the bands original songs was awesome, one of the highlights of the evening for me was when the band did a cover of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall. The song started out as it normally would but when the chorus came around the band broke out into bluegrass giving the song it's own Big Daddy Love twist to it.

Before we left, we purchased one of the CD's they were selling and I've been listening to it in my car ever since. My friend also told me of two more dates this summer when the band would be playing close by. I hope to catch both shows when they roll around.

No comments:

Post a Comment