Monday, April 5, 2010

Pollen Allert


Sometime this weekend the South had its annual pollen explosion. I think today was the worst. It was as if God had been cleaning his chalkboard erasers up in heaven and the entire South was covered in a yellow-green chalky dust. Now, it is in the air and on the ground. Nothing outside has been untouched by the pollen. It is just everywhere. You can even see it swirling through the air when there is a breeze. If you have allergies you are suffering. I want to wash my car but I think I will just wait for it to rain first. It is almost a futile battle to wash the car at this point because as soon as it is clean it will start to accumulate the pollen again. Plus, everyone is in the same boat. All of the cars pretty much have at least a half inch of pollen on them anyway! . . . except that black car next to mine in the parking lot! d'oh!

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about washing my car every few hours recently. i have rinsed it off but I feel like it made it worse in some aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the pollen days in NC. I don't miss them at all. :)

    ReplyDelete