Sunday, April 4, 2010

Buona Pasqua!

This Easter, was a really nice one. To start off, Craig and I actually went to Church (more about my recent return to Church later). We sat with our friends Jennifer and Kevin and their families.

After Church we went home and accomplished a few chores around the house before driving to my parents house for a wonderful Easter dinner.

When we arrived my mom had a nice appetizer spread ready on the kitchen table with some anti-pasta and a 7-layer dip with some tortilla chips to snack on. Craig and I brought over some left over cheese bread puffs that Craig had made for Saturday's fancy tailgate at the Hurricane's game. We spent some time just chit chatting and also taking turns walking around with my almost 4 month old nephew who was a little fussy but fun none the less.

Dinner started with a salad and then some pasta with Italian sausage. Then we had a little break to digest. When dinner resumed we had lamb, honey glazed baby carrots, asparagus, and garlic roasted potatoes. It was delicious!

One dilemma I ended up having was that in the weeks prior to Easter I made a really big deal about having mint jelly to go with the lamb. Well, imagine my surprise when I found out that my mom, in addition to having mint jelly on hand, also made an awesome home made Tzatziki sauce to go on the lamb. I couldn't not have the mint jelly that I had so strongly requested, but I really wanted to try the Tzatziki! In the end I compromised and had a little bit of both.

After dinner, along with some coffee we feasted on the special Easter cupcakes my mom made. They looked so cute and good enough to sell in a cupcake shop! They were chocolate cupcakes with some white icing. She took some shredded coconut and mixed it with a little green food coloring to make edible eastro-turf and sprinkled it on top of the cupcakes. Then she nestled a few jelly beans on top of them and then sprinkled a few on the platter they were sitting on. They were really neat, and they tasted great too!

All in all it was a pretty nice day. The weather was great and after my sister and her family left, Craig and I stayed a little longer and sat on the back porch talking with my parents for awhile. I was a little sad to have to go home when it was time to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment